Calvin Johnson routinely missed practices early in the week last season before suiting up on Sunday. It looks like that trend could continue this year.
Tight end Joseph Fauria, who injured himself in an accident at home this week, was on crutches with his ankle injury and is out for Sunday. Coach Jim Caldwell was asked if he believed Fauria’s story about the injury and didn’t directly answer the question.
Here’s what else you need to know about the injury report for Week 4:
4. Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis (hip) and Jonathan Stewart (knee) are both questionable, but Stewart sounds like a longshot to play after returning to practice Friday. Coach Ron Rivera sounded a lot more optimistic about Davis’ chances.
7. New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker (hamstring) says he feels much better this week after returning to practice Friday. He couldn’t finish off the Jets‘ game on Monday night. Rex Ryan thinks he will play, though he is listed as questionable.
8. Niners safety Antoine Bethea (ankle) is listed as questionable and didn’t practice Friday.
10. Jets cornerback Dee Milliner (quad) is doubtful to play Sunday. He missed Monday night’s game and also missed the season-opener with an ankle injury. Health has been an issue for the second-year player.
12. Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Trent Williams won’t require an MRI on his right knee. The two-time Pro Bowl left tackle has patella inflammation but no instability in his knee after leaving Thursday’s loss to the Giants, Gruden said on a conference call Friday.
15. Chargers tight end Ladarius Green did not practice Friday as he deals with a hamstring injury and is questionable for Sunday. Rookie cornerback Jason Verrett is also questionable with a hamstring ailment.
18. Texans coach Bill O’Brien said running back Arian Foster and punter Shane Lechler are both “definitely” game-time decisions, and their respective playing statuses will be determined by their condition on Sunday.
20. The Titans‘ passing attack could be without quarterback Jake Locker (right wrist) and tight end Delanie Walker (shoulder) on Sunday, as both were listed as questionable and were limited during Friday’s practice.