The Houston Texans could be without their starting signal-caller another game.
Brian Hoyer was listed as questionable on the injury report after being limited all week with an ankle injury, as well as not being fully cleared from the concussion that kept him out of last week’s win over the Indianapolis Colts.
If Hoyer is unable to go, it is expected to be Brandon Weeden who gets the call after he came into last week’s game and led Houston to a victory over Indianapolis. That victory put the Texans in the driver’s seat for the AFC South.
Hoyer suffered the concussion during the Dec. 13 loss to the Patriots. Backup quarterback T.J. Yates took over in that one but was lost to a season-ending torn ACL early in the game against the Colts. Outside of Hoyer and Weeden, the only active player on the roster with quarterback experience is B.J. Daniels, who was recently signed for depth.
Here’s the rest of the injury news we are tracking on Christmas day:
1. The Cowboys officially ended any hopes of quarterback Tony Romo seeing the field again this season. The veteran was placed on injured reserve.
Cowboys wideout Dez Bryant (foot) didn’t practice and is doubtful for Sunday. Fellow wideout Cole Beasley (knee/illness) and cornerback Morris Claiborne (hamstring) are both questionable.
2. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (ankle/shoulder) was a full participant in practice after not practicing the previous two days. He is listed as probable for Sunday night against the Giants.
3. Lions receiver Calvin Johnson (ankle), defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (neck) and safety Glover Quin (concussion) are all questionable for Detroit.
4. Bills running back LeSean McCoy (MCL sprain), tight end Charles Clay (back) aand linebacker Nigel Bradham (ankle) are out.
5. Saints quarterback Drew Brees is questionable after it was revealed he has a torn plantar fascia. Wide receiver Marques Colston (chest) and tight end Benjamin Watson (knee) are also questionable.
6. Patriots wideout Julian Edelman is doubtful for Sunday with a foot injury. Linebacker Jonathan Freeny (hand) was ruled out.
7. Redskins safety Dashon Goldson (rib/knee/shoulder) and running back Matt Jones (hip) are questionable.
8. Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart (foot) and linebacker David Mayo (hamstring) are out.
9. Falcons running back Tevin Coleman hasn’t passed his concussion tests and is out for Sunday.
10. Packers cornerback Sam Shields (concussion) is doubtful.
11. Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali (thumb/knee) is questionable.
12. Cardinals running back Andre Ellington (toe) and defensive tackle Frostee Rucker (ankle) are questionable.
13. Buccaneers safety Chris Conte (knee) is doubtful and guard Logan Mankins (knee) are questionable.
14. Colts wideout Donte Moncrief (toe) and safety Colt Anderson (ankle) are questionable.
15. The 49ers have ruled out guard Alex Boone (knee), running back Shaun Draughn (knee), center Marcus Martin (concussion) and linebacker Michael Wilhoite (ankle).
16. Bears wideout Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) and linebacker Shea McClellin (concussion) are doubtful against the Buccaneers.
17. Dolphins wide receiver Rishard Matthews (ribs), center Mike Pouncey (foot/ankle) and linebacker Jelani Jenkins (ankle) are all questionable.
18. Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon (knee) is doubtful.
19. Jets cornerback Dee Milliner (hamstring) is doubtful.