The former first-round pick played in one game last season before suffering a knee injury. In March, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported nerve damage in his quadriceps still wasn’t firing months after surgery to repair his meniscus.
Floyd watched organized team activities from the sideline Wednesday and remains optimistic about his recovery.
“I feel like progress is being made,” Floyd said, via the Star Tribune. “It’s just taking its sweet old time.”
Floyd admitted he’s still not running yet, but said he is “looking forward” to eventually getting back onto the field. The 26-year-old defensive lineman dismissed the idea that his career is in jeopardy because of the injury.
“No one has said that,” Floyd said. “I think it’s just a rumor going around right now. But right now, I think everything is going to be all right. It’s just a matter of when.”
Floyd enters the last year of his rookie contract, which pays him $6.76 million in 2017. The hope is the pocket-pushing defensive tackle recovers in time to participate this season before hitting the free-agent market next year.
“Fighting to stay positive,” Floyd said of his circumstance. “Sticking with my team. That’s the bright side of things now. Just working out and training. I’m taking care of everything in my power and controlling what I can control.”