Week 5 of the NFL season is here, and the Rotoworld crew has everything you need to cash in a winning week. Top-ten FantasyPros ranker Patrick Daugherty answers your lineup questions with his Week 5 Rankings, Nick Mensio tells you who to start and who to fade in Start’ Em or Sit ‘Em, and Evan Silva breaks down every matchup in his award-winning Matchups Column.
As for me, I am here to shed some light on the most important injury situations facing fantasy owners heading into the weekend. The sister resource to this column is the Rotoworld News Page, which will have every single inactive and all the late-breaking news up to kickoff and beyond. I also occasionally tweet about football @RMSummerlin.
Editor’s Note: For updated rankings, fantasy news columns, IDP, injury analysis, dynasty and much more, check out the Rotoworld Season Pass.
* Marshawn Lynch (calf, hamstring) has been ruled out. Coach Pete Carroll said Fred Jackson (questionable) is likely to play, but he is unlikely to be effective playing through a high-ankle sprain. Thomas Rawls should once again handle the majority of the workload, making him a solid RB2. Demarcus Dobbs (shoulder), Tye Smith (hip) and Kevin Pierre-Louis (hamstring) are doubtful. Tharold Simon (toe) and Marcus Burley (hand) are out.
Bills @ Titans
* Jason McCourty (groin) practiced in full all week and should make his season debut. Chance Warmack (questionable, knee) has a chance to return after getting in limited practices all week. Cody Riggs (knee) is questionable, and Sammie Hill (knee) is doubtful.
* Both LeSean McCoy (hamstring) and Karlos Williams (concussion) are out. Anthony Dixon is expected to start, but he owns a 3.4 YPC in his career and has zero yards on eight carries this season. Boom Herron could end up leading the team in running back touches this week. Neither is a recommended fantasy play. Sammy Watkins (calf) is listed as questionable after getting in a limited practice on Friday, but he is extremely unlikely to play. Charles Clay has 20 targets over the last two weeks and would see another big workload if Watkins sits. MarQueis Gray (forearm) and Bacarri Rambo (quad) are out.
Bears @ Chiefs
* Travis Kelce is on the injury report with a thumb injury, but he practiced in full all week and is listed as probable. Albert Wilson (shoulder) is questionable. Josh Mauga (groin/Achilles) is out.
* Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) and Eddie Royal (ankle) are listed as questionable on the injury report, but both are expected to miss. Marquess Wilson played well last week and should have a primary role in the passing game. Jay Cutler (hamstring) and half of the Bears’ roster are also listed as questionable. Jermon Bushrod (concussion/shoulder) is out. Antrel Rolle (ankle) is doubtful.
Jaguars @ Buccaneers
* Austin Seferian-Jenkins (shoulder) did not practice all week and is listed as doubtful. He is still probably a couple weeks away. Evan Smith (ankle), Russell Shepard (hamstring) and Johnthan Banks (knee) are also doubtful. Gerald McCoy (shoulder) is listed as questionable for the third week in a row. He has yet to miss a game. Logan Mankins (groin) did not practice on Thursday or Friday and is listed as questionable. Luke Stocker (hip) is also questionable.
* Julius Thomas (hand) is listed as questionable, but he has yet to be cleared to play. He is very unlikely to make his debut this week. Sen’Derrick Marks (questionable, knee) has been able to practice on a limited basis the last several weeks, but he also looks unlikely to play. Paul Posluszny missed practice all week with a high-ankle sprain. He is expected to be a game-time decision. James Sample (shoulder) is doubtful, and Marqise Lee (hamstring), John Lotulelei (concussion) and Denard Robinson (knee) are out.
Editor’s Note: Play against our writers in the Rotoworld Football Championship – a series of one-week fantasy contests on FanDuel with $20K in FREE prizes! Enter the Week 5 contest before it fills.
Browns @ Ravens
* Steve Smith Sr. (back) is listed as doubtful after missing practice all week. With Crockett Gillmore (calf) also out, the Ravens will lean on Justin Forsett and the running game. Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown should be the primary receivers. Chris Canty (calf) and Breshad Perriman (knee) are out.
* Robert Turbin (ankle) is listed as questionable on the injury report, but he said he will not be active. Duke Johnson and Isaiah Crowell will split the running back work against Baltimore. Joe Haden (ribs/finger) is questionable after missing last week’s game. Brian Hartline (ribs/thigh) is questionable but unlikely to play. Karlos Dansby (ankle), Scott Solomon (ankle), and Desmond Bryant (shoulder) are questionable. Tashaun Gipson (ankle), Craig Robertson (ankle) and Shaun Draughn (back) are out.
Redskins @ Falcons
* Julio Jones (toe/hamstring) is listed as questionable but fully expected to play. With Chris Culliver (knee) and DeAngelo Hall (toe) out for Washington, Jones should have a huge game. Tevin Coleman (ribs) will return, but he should operate as a change-of-pace option for the red-hot Devonta Freeman. Justin Durant (elbow) is out.
* Jordan Reed (concussion) and DeSean Jackson (hamstring) have both been ruled out. Derek Carrier and Jamison Crowder are deep sleepers in redraft and decent GPP plays in DFS. Perry Riley Jr. (calf) is questionable.
Saints @ Eagles
* Jason Peters (quad) is questionable but expected to play after getting in full practices Thursday and Friday. Kiko Alonso (knee), Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) and Brandon Bair (groin) are out.
Rams @ Packers
* Davante Adams (questionable, ankle) did not practice all week and is very unlikely to play. Ty Montgomery will be the No. 3 receiver against the Rams. Bryan Bulaga (knee) and Demetri Goodson (hamstring) are questionable after getting in limited practices all week. Morgan Burnett (questionable, calf) did not practice all week. Jake Ryan (hamstring) is doubtful and Sean Richardson (neck) is out.
* Kenny Britt (knee) is probable despite missing practice on Friday. Eugene Sims (questionable, knee) should play after getting in full practices all week. Alec Ogletree (ankle) is out. Maurice Alexander (groin) is doubtful.
Editor’s Note: The first-ever Daily Fantasy Sports Players Conference is taking place November 12-14, 2015, in New York City. Presented by RotoGrinders and sponsored by FanDuel, the event will give players of all levels a chance to learn from top-ranked experts, socialize with some of the biggest names in the industry, and even sweat a Playboy Mansion live final qualifier. Register today.
Cardinals @ Lions
* Joique Bell (ankle) is out again, meaning Ameer Abdullah will handle the majority of the running back work. Eric Ebron (knee) is also out, but the Lions should get Brandon Pettigrew (probable, hamstring) back. Haloti Ngata (calf) is out, and James Ihedigbo (quad) and Larry Warford (ankle) are questionable.
* Andre Ellington (knee) got in full practices on Thursday and Friday and is listed as probable. Chris Johnson is expected to remain the lead back, but Ellington’s return should send rookie David Johnson to the bench. Justin Bethel (foot), Darren Fells (hip) and J.J. Nelson (shoulder) are questionable.
Patriots @ Cowboys
* Sean Lee (concussion) has been cleared to play against New England. With Greg Hardy and Rolando McClain back off suspension, the Cowboys’ defense could at least present a challenge for the Patriots. James Hanna (ankle) is questionable. Dez Bryant (foot), Randy Gregory (ankle) and Brice Butler (hamstring) are out.
Broncos @ Raiders
* Latavius Murray (shoulder) practiced on a limited basis all week but is listed as probable. Michael Crabtree (ankle) is listed as probable after practicing fully Thursday and Friday. Taylor Mays (ankle) is questionable. Denico Autry (concussion), T.J. Carrie (chest), Justin Ellis (ankle), Taiwan Jones (foot) and Benson Mayowa (knee) are out.
* Demaryius Thomas (neck) is probable. Evan Mathis (hamstring) did not practice on Friday and is listed as questionable. The Denver Post expects Mathis to play. Bennie Fowler (hamstring) is also questionable. Cody Latimer (groin) and Ty Sambrailo (shoulder) are out.
49ers @ Giants
* Victor Cruz (calf) is out and should be for the foreseeable future. Robert Ayers (hamstring), Devon Kennard (hamstring) and George Selvie (calf) are also out. Jayron Hosley (concussion), Trumaine McBride (groin) and Jonathan Casillas (calf) are questionable.
* Vernon Davis (knee) is out. Garrett Celek will get the start in a good matchup, but no one on the 49ers’ offense is a good start. Ahmad Brooks will not play due to a personal matter. Quinton Patton (concussion) and Joe Staley (knee) are questionable.
Steelers @ Chargers
* Malcom Floyd (concussion) got in full practices on Thursday and Friday, but Stevie Johnson (hamstring) missed both sessions. Johnson is unlikely to play, leaving open a role for Ladarius Green despite Antonio Gates’ return from suspension. Orlando Franklin (ankle), King Dunlap (concussion), Craig Mager (hamstring) and Tourek Williams (foot) did not practice Thursday or Friday. Brandon Flowers (concussion) was full both days, and Jason Verrett (foot) was limited.
* Martavis Bryant is not listed on the injury report, but he reportedly tweaked his knee and has not practiced fully since Monday. He is very unlikely to play on Monday night and needs to be removed from all lineups. Ryan Shazier (shoulder) got in full practices on Thursday and Friday.
Source Article from http://rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/56904/78/injury-report-week-5