Trevor Siemian is ready to roll.

Broncos coach Vance Joseph told reporters Monday that Denver’s quarterback is “full go” with “no issues” following offseason surgery on his non-throwing shoulder, per NFL Network’s James Palmer.


Now fully cleared to participate in the offseason program, Siemian, last year’s starter, is set to battle second-year passer Paxton Lynch for the team’s No. 1 job. Joseph emphasized Monday that both arms will have an equal chance to win the role.

“It is open, guys. 50-50. It’s going to go down to the wire, I hope,” Joseph said, per Mike Klis of KUSA-TV in Denver.

Palmer, though, reported Friday on NFL Network’s Up to the Minute Live that the more experienced Siemian holds the “upper hand” entering the offseason program, noting that Broncos coaches believe “he played very well last season,” while adding: “They believe he played at a higher level than many assume.”

Siemian’s growth came behind a shoddy offensive line for an attack that never truly found its groove on the ground, forcing the 25-year-old into too many high-pressure passing situations.

When Lynch stepped on the field, he displayed elements of the juicy athleticism that made him a first-round pick, but was also held back by raw inexperience. A full offseason will help both quarterbacks prepare for one of the league’s more intriguing quarterback duels.

Source Article from http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000798847/article/joseph-trevor-siemian-full-go-for-broncos-qb-battle