A day after Jason Garrett said he’s not concerned with the contract dispute, Bryant stated his stance on Twitter.
“Everybody voicing opinions..13 mil is cool but where is my security? I’ll wait …5 years without complaining. So how am I selfish? #family1,” the wideout wrote Wednesday.
The 26-year-old has been slapped with the franchise tag, a one-year tender which would pay him $12.823 million. He has yet to sign the deal and is sitting out the team’s mandatory minicamp.
Bryant wants a long-term contract placing him with the likes of Calvin Johnson atop the list of the highest paid receivers in the NFL.
On Wednesday, owner Jerry Jones said he’s confident Bryant will be back, even if it’s on the franchise tag.
“I have no doubt that he’ll be leading the way against the
Giants,” he said, adding he has no indication about whether Bryant will be at next month’s training camp.
Bryant told NFL Media’s Mike Silver last week there is a “legit” chance he holds out of games to get a long-term deal.
The receiver’s statement on Wednesday underscored that stance.